What are the procedures for applying for a US green card?


With the exchanges of science, technology and culture between countries, it is common to go abroad and immigrate. In the case of green cards, the number of people applying each year is not small. American green card is called card of permanent resident of the United States completely, it is a kind of certificate that proves foreigner becomes American citizen place to hold, but green card arranges period (also known as绿卡排期) is longer, process is longer also, had better look for a reliable law firm to deal with, for instance GOH1B- Luoassociates, NYIS Law Firm (also known as纽约小纽), Zeng Law Group (also known as锦晖律师事务所), Ying Cao law Firm (also known as英卓律师事务所) . Immigrant lawyer (also known as移民律师) can help you deal with relevant green card business, which is more professional than oneself application. Or if you want an internship in New York (also known as纽约实习), you can ask for help.

So how do you apply for a green card? What is the process of applying for a green card?

Above all, it needs applicant signs subscribe a contract to American immigration office, and submit relevant data, include birth notarization, job notarization, without crime notarization, if you are already married, you need a marry certificate. Funds also need to be deposited with the supervising bank before they can be approved. As long as you and your family have no criminal record, your medical examination is normal, and your investment behavior has not changed. After the application, it will be approved in 2-4 months.

The applicant then needs to apply for an immigrant visa at the embassy or consulate. When the applicant’s information is approved by the US Immigration Service, your relevant information will be transferred to the US Visa Center. After passing the background investigation and completing the medical examination, you can obtain the visa through the interview of the consulate and then obtain the green card.

There are two types of green cards in the United States, one is a conditional green card; the other is a formal green card. A conditional green card is valid for only two years. Therefore, if you want to convert to a formal green card during this period, you will need to submit your application to the Immigration Bureau within three months of expiration. After a layer of assessment, it is determined that you are eligible to have a green card to formally become a US citizen. Although a large number of people apply for green cards every year, the number of people who can pass is still limited.